The process of adaptation of the Russian education system to the market principles was rather chaotic and resulted in a number of system problems. For instance, business organizations have distanced themselves from the education of qualified personnel on the basis of state educational institutions. The article features some results of a theoretical research of interaction between the state structures and firms, its specifics and prospects in the sphere of Russian education. The analysis showed that the term "social partnership" was replaced with the term "public-private partnership" as the main concept for interactions between education organizations and firms in Russia in the last 20 years. It reveals a transition from the ethical to the rational-economical argumentation of the participation of firms in the social sphere. In the absence of institutional mechanisms, the most effective model of interaction between educational institutions and firms seems to be the one based on individual economic profits for both sides.
public-private partnership, social partnership, educational organization, free-rider problem, personnel training, vocational education, dual education
1. Rudneva E. L., Kochergin D. G. The independent evaluation of education quality and the analysis of its results (the instance of Kemerovo region’s professional education system). Professional education in Russia and abroad, 2017, (4): 34–48. (In Russ.)
2. Kirillov P. V. State policy of professional education modernization in Russia (late 1980–2005). Dr. Hist. Sci. Diss. Moscow, 2007, 535. (In Russ.)
3. Delmon J. Private Sector Investment in Infrastructure: Project Finance, PPP Projects and Risk. The World Bank and Kluwer Law International, 2009, 640.
4. Filchenkov V. A. The shaping of public-private partnership in social sphere. Cand. Econ. Sci. Diss. Abstr. Moscow, 2008, 26. (In Russ.)
5. Varnavsky V. G. Public-private partnership: some issues of theory and practice. Mirovaya ekonomika i mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya, 2011, (9): 41–50. (In Russ.)
6. Varnavsky V. G., Klimenko A. V., Korolev V. A. Public-private partnership: theory and practice. Moscow: GU VSHE, 2010, 287. (In Russ.)
7. Kyazimov K. G. Social partnership. Manual for the creation of corporate knowledge resource of a legal entity. Moscow: Enas, 2008, 192. (In Russ.)
8. Leybovich A. N. Public-private partnership in the system of vocational education. Accreditation in education. Available at: http://www.akvobr.ru/gosudarstvenno_chastnoe_partnerstvo.html (accessed 20.04.2018).
9. Blinov V. I., Esenina E. Yu. Development of secondary vocational education: scenario and forecasts. Professionalnoe obrazovanie. Stolitsa, 2015, (3): 5–7. (In Russ.)
10. Klyachko T. L. Analysis of financial flows in the system of vocational education. Financial aspects of reforming the social sphere. Moscow: IEPP, 2004, 176–182. (In Russ.)
11. Abankina I. V., Dudyrev F. F., Frumin I. D., Shabalin A. I. Evolution of the financing of the second vocational education system: on the way to public-private partnership. Moscow: NIU VSHE, 2017, 28. (In Russ.)